Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

what is the process in the state of louisiana for removing…

Customer Question
what is the process in...
what is the process in the state of louisiana for removing a misdeamor from a record?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/21/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

hi

Louisiana, only provides for expungment in matters where there has been no conviction - therefore, if your matter was dismissed or acquitted, then you can apply.

how would i find out if it were either dismissed or aquitted?

it was a misdemeanor charge of resisting an officer, that was included with other charges.

hi

if you were convicted, you were given a sentence of any type. if you do not recall, then call the clerk of the court where the charges were processed, give your full name - and date of birth and ask them to check it for you to see how it was "adjudicated" - was there a conviction, what was the sentence.