Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

HELLO! How are you doing today I hope fine! Well, I hope that…

Customer Question
HELLO! How are you doing...
HELLO! How are you doing today? I hope fine! Well, I hope that you can help! I had a warrant for an unpaid traffic ticket, went to warrant, got pulled over, got arrested, went to jail for 3 days, got caught driving with the now suspended license ( I did not know it was!) Now the DMV NV says I cannot get my license back because they say I have a charge now for driving with a suspended license, that no one even knows about except the dmv, they say! Dmv suspended my license forXXXXXpolice have no record of it....They have to give me my license back....... I have court orders ordering me to to pick my daughter up with joint custody orders within a parenting plan!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/20/2010
Criminal Lawyer: KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker replied 8 years ago
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Hello. Actually, if you had a warrant against you for an upaid ticket, this is why your license was suspended. What happened was you never went to court, so the court took away your license. This is normal.

So there was a court proceeding, it wasn't just the DMV deciding to do this on their own. You must go back to the traffic court where they took away your license, pay the ticket and any other fees you owe, and ask to have your license reinstated. This is the only way. The DMV can't do anything because this is a court order.

Take care,
Kimberly

But the cops took my license the night I got arrested....haven't seen it since.....never went to court for them to have taken it.............no court took it, the cops did!!

Ok, you are confused. The police will actually take your license, but that is only because the court ordered it and it was in the computer system. So when they pulled you over, and looked up your name, they were told about the court order and to take your license.

The only way to get it back is to go back to court.