Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

3 years ago family friend told me i ould have land if i pay…

Customer Question
3 years ago family friend...
3 years ago family friend told me i ould have land if i pay back taxes (i did) every thing fine i put septic tank, pump for water , single wide trailer, 50 loads of dirt, 8 loads of gravel. today they give me eviction notice say i have 10 day to leave or 100 dollars a day after that do i have any rights
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/19/2010
Criminal Lawyer: DCrane Law, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Thank you for the post, did you actually pay the taxes to the county in your name?
on receipt it has the family friends name but says paided by my name
ok, who has the deed to the home?
i do
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX own the property the family friend has no basis to evict you.
but he never signed the deed over , trying to trust family friend ,will i have to leave in the 10 days or do i have more time,i know its just he said i said but seems like there should be something i can do
I was under the impression that the deed was in your name, if the deed was not in your name, why are you paying the taxes?

In any event, he has to give you 30 days' notice to vacate the property.