Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Hello i am in washington my partner is in jail because of a…

Customer Question
Hello i am in washington...
Hello i am in washington my partner is in jail because of a lie and a no contact order.last year we were not getting along too well and one thing led to another and i ended up with a no contact order slapped on me so we kept fighting and i kept drugging and drinking and well i came over to our home violating the order and as drunk as i was i tried taking our three kids with me and we argued and i threw the first punch and behind the door i remembered our bseball bat was there so i grabbed it and swung it at him and well he finally grabbed it and swung it towards me telling me to get out or he would call the police so i just left and again i came back and this time he was aware that i had been having an affair well to make the long story short this other person was blackmaling me threating to tell all and she made me purchase her crystal meth and when she heard that i couldnt hang out with her she vowed to ruin my life so my partner is in there for an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in the 2nd and an asslt in the 4th and he was just picked up on a vnco so i tried recanting my story and told the truth but i think that they are violating my oartners right by not tlling him when is his next hearing and what have you .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/15/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer

I'm a criminal law attorney and I believe I can provide assistance here. However, you didn't actually ask a question. So, please let me know what question or questions I can answer for you today.

Thank you.

Is my partner ever getting out of jail?Or if there is time to be served how much time will it be ?I have over 10 years of DV assault charges and violations of a no contact order,vusca charge,criminal tresspasing in the 1st,and they are trying to use the fact that my partner is an Army veteran.

You should contact his attorney. First, you need to find out if he is staying on the case. If he is, then you should talk to him about your statement. Please keep in mind that the attorney represents your partner, NOT you. I say this because, if you change your statement, you may face prosecution yourself for perjury, making a false statement, filing a false police report, etc.

If your story changes, the case may be difficult to prove. Frankly, domestic cases usually are tough as they are of the "he said, she said" variety, making reasonable doubt pretty easily obtained by a decent defense attorney.

Is he ever getting out of jail? Well, that's a pretty vague question and extremely difficult to answer. However, again, domestic cases are tough and that suggests a favorable outcome for your partner.

But the first attorney already withdrew from the case and one charge bail was denied and the other one is at $100,000,000 I was intimidated by the police and when they arrested my partner on 05/29/2010 the police officer knocked at my door askung if my partner was in my home and i told the officer that i knew my rights and that he needed a search warrant if they were planning on coming in my home and getting my children scared so they surrounded the entire street and they were not leaving so they knocked shortley there after and this time it was a female officer and she said that she was going to take my children away from me so i started to cry and i walked out of the house with my kuds and let them do what they had to i feel that they intimidated me only because of my criminal background and the only thing my partner has is a robbery in he 1st that dropped to a theft and that was 2004 I'm just wondering that if i was forced into saying a bunch of lies and i am the one who had the no contact order.the justice system really sucks ass

As a criminal defense attorney, I've dealt with hundreds of similarly situated people. Having been through it repeatedly, I can feel your pain. However, you didn't ask any new questions. Do you have any other questions or need some clarification? If so, please let me know.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.