Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can charges be dropped against a wife & same charges be revearsed…

Customer Question
Can charges be dropped against...
Can charges be dropped against a wife & same charges be revearsed to husband even though the investigative detective brought charges against wife?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/14/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Can you tell me more about what happened originally to bring the charge?

baby got hurt, went to hospital, doctors & others interviewed parents separately, DCS invovled, both parents interviewed by DCS investigator at hospital - days later interviewed by detective & DSC investigator who decided to charge mom-inconsitencies - Now wife's attorneys feel dad's deameanor & interviews at hospital means he is the person who injured child - DSC & detective intereviewed both, gave voice test, he passed she failed even though not admissable in court

Okay. Unfortunately yes, the police can indeed drop an investigation from one person and put it on another. Same with the Court - the ADA can drop the charge with one person but bring it up with someone else.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”