Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

The inmate has already been sentenced as of May 11. 2010.

Customer Question
He has not been moved...
The inmate has already been sentenced as of May 11. 2010. He has not been moved to the program that he is to do his 90 days. If they do not mov him in 45 days can e get a revoke and restore judgement and does he need a lawyer for a habias corpus?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/14/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

hi

no. that is not the way it works. a court will sentence and has no idea what the backlog is for that program. therefore, he will just need to sit and be patient until the transfer occurs. you can not rust the hands of justice.

you now have two questions open pertaining to the same issue.

please just respond here - otherwise, nothing gets accomplished.

thank you

you didnt answer the whole question pertaining to the same issue

hi

apologies. could you please repost that question so i can - are you referring to the Habeas?

Edited by Samuel-II on 6/14/2010 at 2:38 PM EST
yes

hi

thank you.

i did not address it because it is not applicable.

it would only apply if in fact there is no good reason he is not being transferred. as i stated, even though a court orders it, it does not necessary have to happen within a time frame. note, that anytime he waits will be applied toward his sentence whether in the program or not - his release date is the same.