Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

what are the sentincing guideliness for possession and intent…

Customer Question
what are the sentincing guideliness...
what are the sentincing guideliness for possession and intent to sell mdma and mushrooms in ohio?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/13/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer

I'm a criminal defense attorney and I believe I may be able to help you out here. Before proceeding, I need to know....

Are you charges in state court or federal court?

As best as you can, what are the SPECIFIC charges (please include a statute number if you have it)?

Thank you.

felony posession state court

I take it you do not know the specific statute number?

Also, do you have any criminal history? If so, what?

Thank you.

hes got a dui on his record, vending without a liscence, and i would imagine at least one prior misdemeanor drug charge.

Without the specific statute number under which he is charged, I have to make an assumption that he had a minimal amount of the drug in his possession. Assuming this to be accurate, the offense is a fifth degree felony, the lowest level of felony offense in the State of Ohio.

With that in mind, the sentencing guidelines call for a sentence of 6 to 12 months of jail time.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.