How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cedric Your Own Question
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  Several Years of Criminal Defense Trials in L.A. and O.C. as public defender and private attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Cedric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have no recollection of ever being arrested in Grand Prairie,

Customer Question

I have no recollection of ever being arrested in Grand Prairie, TX. in 1978 for theft and burglary. Apparently the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and I am wanting to get this expunged from my record. Would I qualify?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately, no, expungment is only for people who were actually convicted, but you can separately petition to have it removed from your record as a bureaucratic mistake.