How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4497
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An offender was given 396 days of credited time while incarcerated

This answer was rated:

An offender was given 396 days of credited time while incarcerated in Fort Bend County, however when tranferred to TDC unit, these days were reduced. This resulted in the offender only receiving approximately 200 days of credit towards a two-year sentence. Why didn't the offender received the full 396 days? This was an agreement reached between the offender's representing attorney and the county's District Attorney's office. How does one ensure that the offender is credit all previous time served?

I don't know why the credit was not given, but if it was part of the plea agreement, the defendant can file a Motion to Enforce Plea Agreement with the court which took his plea. He should outline the terms of the plea, indicate that he did not receive the credit pursuant to the plea, and then ask the court to order that the appropriate credit be given.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you