How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old case from 1989 for passing a bad check that is

Customer Question

I have an old case from 1989 for passing a bad check that is unresolved. There is no arrest warrent issued for me. Is there a statute of limitations in the state of ohio for this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Have you ever appeared in court on the bad check charge?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I have not. The case number XXXXX XXXXX in Hamilton County Ohio back in 1989 I work for the Airlines. It showed up on my fbi background check. When I looked it up, there was no disposition on the case at all. What should I do?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
When a bad check, or several bad checks, are written to either one vendor or several vendors but do not exceed $500.00, passing the check(s) is considered a criminal offense and a first degree misdemeanor in Ohio. The statute of limitations for a misdemeanor bad check offense is three years for a teller's check, cashier's check or traveler's check.
I suggest you contact a local attorney in Ohio to file a motion to have the charges removed from your record because the open charge was never pursued against you.