How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has spent 18 months in a federal facility. He would

Customer Question

my son has spent 18 months in a federal facility. He would like to be paroled to kansas city missouri. his pre-trial and trial lawyer assigned by the ny federal court is no longer with the district attorney's office and my son's liason at the federal prison he is in has consistently told him that she does not have all of his paperwork. My son is distressed about the lack of documentation. His assigned attorney's name isXXXXX XXXX, phone# XXXXX My son's federalXXXXX Needles to say we have incomes below the federal poverty guidelines. Thank you. My e-mail address is:[email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



thanj you for that information. what is the question?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How may my son and how soon may he be probated? What may he do about missing documentation regarding his conspiracy/decoy sentencing?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



in order to have a parole transferred to another state, you son's case manager has to begin the Interstate Compact process. this is where your son's information is forward to a parole officer in NY and then the NY PO will file with the state of Missouri. most times, the process is not complete until after the inmate is released and reports to intake - which in his case would be NY since that is where he is currently incarcerated.


it is ultimately the decision of the receiving state to decide if they will supervise an offender who is paroled to another state.


the entire process could take 1 to 3 months after release. there is much paperwork and approvals that must occur. for instance, once Missouri receives the request they will need to send an investigator out to the home where he states will be living to see it it is suitable under the terms of his parole