How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We would like to know our legal rights regarding our boy Warren

Resolved Question:

We would like to know our legal rights regarding our boy Warren being placed into a Juvenile Detention Center in another county without my wife and me being informed until minutes before he arrived at the facility. He was kept there for 4 days over the holiday weekend (Memorial Day). We requested he come home but they (Probation Office, Blair Co., PA) refused. He is on Juvenile probation now. We also were never informed by the police that they had Warren. When he was brought to the Blair Co, court house this morning from the Det. center in another county he was shackled and handcuffed liker a criminal. Please help us, this just isn't right! The shackled and handcuffed part and being placed into the Det.facility is causing undue strain and mental anguish upon my wife and me and our family. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX us!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
If you child is in the custody of the State or County then that government body has the legal authority to move your child without telling you first unless the placing judge made it a requirement that you receive notice. I understand the word "criminal" seem harsh as a parent but legally speaking violation of the probation would make it a criminal act but for his age so technically his attorney is correct eventhough I know you don't see it that way. You son's attorney can ask the court to restrict where your son can be housed to a certain degree but other factors such as any treatment necessary, housing conditions, bed space, conflicts and other factors all weigh into where the child is physically housed. If you believe you attorney is not addressing your concerns to your satisfaction then at the next court appearance ask the judge if you can be heard briefly and express you desire to have your son closer to the judge. Do not demand it from the judge as it is within the court's discretion.
Daniel Solutions and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you