How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9390
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is it legal to open a Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Bonita,

Resolved Question:

is it legal to open a Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Bonita, California.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
That is not within the city limits of San Diego, see
and San Diego County does not appear to regulate this.

Do you have an existing collective or cooperative or are you trying to form a new one?

Edited by N Cal Attorney on 6/2/2010 at 10:59 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There are 60 Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in the county of san diego but I know that the city of chula vista and national city do not approve dispensaries yet because of the zip code. There hasnt been any notice of the city of Bonita disapproving dispensaries but I wanted to make sure.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
SAN maintains a list of all California city and county medical marijuana ordinances at but has no County ordinance in SD County.

SD County is considering adopting an ordinance, see

The draft ordinance is posted at

Bonita is not a real city, it is an unincorporated part of the County.

The California AG's guidelines are posted at
lists at least 4 marijuana attorneys in SD.

I urge you to consult a local attorney prior to opening a dispensary.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer.