How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Law Your Own Question
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
DCrane Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So my girl friend just recieved a summons for a class C felony

Resolved Question:

So my girl friend just recieved a summons for a class C felony for altering a prescription for vicodin. She changed an 10 to an 18, it was a stupid mistake, but now we need to deal with it. She got the prescription for 10 vicodin for IUD pain, but had prior pain for a fractured wrist; which she is supposed to go see a specialist for in a week. The summons is in a month, and now we need to figure out what to do. Should she just plead her case to the judge? Use a court appointed lawyer? I just returned from a deployment from Iraq, so I have some money, but i don't know how much it would cost to hire our own lawer
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, a class C felony charge is fairly serious, and can result in up to a 5 year sentence. I would recommend retaining private counsel, it may cost you a few thousand dollars however.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you think it will likely be dropped down when presented to a judge? She has no previous charges of an kind other than a speeding ticket from 3 years ago?
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.
I do not think it will be dropped.
DCrane Law and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions