How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filled a police report against my boyfriend for hitting my

Customer Question

I filled a police report against my boyfriend for hitting my head against the floor...I should of thought about it but I don't want him to go to jail...this happend 2 days ago so theres no warrant can I stop the charges from going through.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Once the police are involved if they feel that charges need to pursued then there is nothing you can do to stop it. The police have this power because many abuse victims change their story when they are being abused.