How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filled a police report on my boyfriend for hitting my head

Customer Question

I filled a police report on my boyfriend for hitting my head against the floor. We both were fighting but I filled the report. Me and him are now on good terms for our there a way I can drop the charges so nothing happens or what can I do...because I may have exaggerated a little bit.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately once you file charges you become a witness and it is not up to you to drop the charges. I suggest you talk to your boyfriend's attorney about the part that is not true and his attorney may be able to assist you unless there is a conflict inwhich case he/she can ask the court to appoint an attorney to represent you since you can be exposed to criminal charges yourself. If this did not happen then you may talk to the prosecutor to clear up confusion but if the prosecutor indicates they would prosecute you or will not dismiss the charges then you need to seek an attorney yourself.

Related Criminal Law Questions