Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am a college student who was recently issued a disorderly…

Customer Question
I am a college student...
I am a college student who was recently issued a disorderly conduct violation. (26:33-2N).I have to appear in court. HELP!! thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/15/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
We are not allowed to represent you per the terms of this site. You are entitled to free counsel through the public defender's office since this is a criminal charge.

As I know penalties can vary, what are some of the penalties that can apply to this violation. I am not guilty, can I plead this without an attorney. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You can get a fine from $0 to $500 and jail up to 1 year in jail depending on the seriousness of the offense. You can seek to enter into a plea deal for a municipal offense which can later be expunged and does not count as a misdemeanor or felony, but you should not enter any deal without at least getting an attorney to assist you and to review the deal.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”