Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Defense to Penal Law 240.30 (1) (a)

Customer Question
Defense to Penal Law 240.30 (1) (a)
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/13/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Your only defense is that the reason for your communication was not to cause annoyance or cause alarm and the substance of your communication was such that it would not cause annoyance or alarm to the reasonable person. This means showing your communication had a valid and lawful purpose and was not designed to annoy or harass the other party and show that you were trying to reach a legal settlement with the person outside of court on a matter that you had legal grounds to sue over and when they refused to settle you informed them you were going to exercise your legal right to sue.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer