Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

PARENT OF A 20 YR OLD SON WHO ATTENDS COLLEGE IN EL PASO…

Customer Question
IM A PARENT OF A...
IM A PARENT OF A 20 YR OLD SON WHO ATTENDS COLLEGE IN EL PASO TX(UTEP) MY SON GOT IN TROUBLE A FEW WEEKS AGO HE IS OUT ON A 1OOO BOND BUT NOW SCHOOL IS ABOUT TO END AND ON 5/14/10 AND THEY WONT ALLOW HIM TO COME HOME BECAUSE THEY SAY HE HAS NO COURT DATE, ON TIME ARE ANY THING MY SON WILL HAVE NO WHERE TO STAY UNTIL THEN HE LIVES IN HOUSTON TX. NOW HOW CAN I GET SOME HELP BECAUSE THE BAILSBONDS SAY IT MIGHT BE ANOTHER 2 OR 3WEEKS BEFORE HE GETS A COURT DATE.WHAT CAN WE DO!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/12/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
JACUSTOMER,

Unfortunately, it looks like whatever you do is going to cost you money. You can see what, if anything, the bondsman will be willing to accept from you as a guarantee that you will return your son to El Paso; you can hire a lawyer to see if he can expedite the calendaring of the case, or you can make temporary housing arrangements for him somewhere.

Even though the case against him doesn't sound strong, the bailbondsman isn't going to be much interested in that. All he wants is to make sure he doesn't lose his money.

___________

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your State for specific legal advice.