How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13555
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

with a sentence under act 346 of 1975 after completion does

Resolved Question:

with a sentence under act 346 of 1975 after completion does a criminal record show when it comes to different jobs such as wanting to become a teacher etc and do you have to tell future employers about conviction
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a link to the section you are inquiring about?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i thought i would get a answer within 14 minutes
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Not when you delay in clarifying for 14 hours and it is after 10:30 pm and I'm in bed after a long day's work :)


However, I can and will open this up for other colleagues.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can anybody answer thanks
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Hi Jacustomer, welcome back,


With regard to your post:


with a sentence under act 346 of 1975 after completion does a criminal record show when it comes to different jobs such as wanting to become a teacher etc and -- A criminal records can show if the background check includes arrests and charges, which many do.


do you have to tell future employers about conviction -- According this XXX, no, one can deny a conviction, if you were not convicted because the judge deferred - "Because no judgment of guilt is entered, it may be successfully contended, as a general matter, that there is no conviction when further proceedings are deferred under Act 346 (§ 16-93-303, above). Cf. Duncan v. State, 308 Ark. 205, 823 S.W.2d 886 (1992) (concluding that the deferment as provided under Act 346 " [not] the equivalent of a conviction[,]" and that the defendant was therefore entitled to bail under Ark. Const. art. 2, § 8, which provides that ([a]ll persons shall, before conviction, be bailable by sufficient sureties, except for capital offenses ....) 823 Ark. at 207 (emphasis added)."


However: "While it may therefore have been correct to deny the fact of "conviction," it should perhaps be noted that this follows from the nature of the proceedings under Act 346, and not from the rights attendant an "expungement" order. "Expungement" only occurs after fulfillment of the terms and conditions of probation, or the court's released therefrom. See A.C.A. § 16-93-303(b) (Supp. 1999). The court at that point will enter an order dismissing the case, discharging the defendant, and expunging the record. Id. When the "uniform order" is entered, it is at that point that "the individual's underlying conduct shall be deemed as a matter of law never to have occurred, and the individual may state that no such conduct ever occurred and that no such records exist." [Which is different and 'better' than merely being able to deny conviction.] A.C.A. § 16-90-902(b) (Supp. 1999). It appears that prior to the entry of this order, Act 346 offers no basis for denying the underlying conduct."

A wonderful explanation is found here:

Already Tried:
sentence not complete and also can you get your probation time reduced --
Not as a practical matter, and not if you want the benefits of 346. Technically, yes, you can get the probations time reduced if you successfully appeal your plea and or sentence, which will generally take years, and by then, you will have already finished your probation. So a post facto reduction or eliminatation would not be helpful, as a practical matter, because it takes so long.


Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. If you need more detail, please click Reply, not ReList and I will gladly respond. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!


I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks


S. Joy, Legal Expert



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.




AlexiaEsq. and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you