How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in ga can a off duty state patrolman , with his family in the

Customer Question

in ga can a off duty state patrolman , with his family in the vehicle, and in his personal veh. turn around and persue after 2 cars he thinks is raceing, and run over 100 mhr. He admitted to another officer about his speed while telling the officer about how fast he thought the drivers were going. One of the cars went out of sight, while he continued after the other. When is the law above the law he swore to uphold. And with the family in the car and no lights isn't that indangering your family and others on the road. Without lights how are others suppose to know he is a officer, and what happens if someone see's him mistakes how far away he is and pulls out because he is running over 100 without lights , and he recks and kills them or his family. when does the law affect law inforcement officers.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



absolutely not. it is as you say endangerment to the public welfare, including his family. this would certainly be in the agencies policy. this should be investigated and if the police don't do it, contact your media about it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i find out there police , and whom do i contact. I have 4 childern and not a whole lot of money. No one wants to help, so how and whom do i get to help me.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



you said it was a state patrolman. you additionally said you were in jail for 8 days. the officers name should be on a report someplace. contact the public defender or a private attorney to represent you and let them handle the complaint, too


or go to the state police in your area and file the complaint