How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a sexual offender, (not a child molester, victim was an

Customer Question

can a sexual offender, (not a child molester, victim was an elder person) live in the Tamarac City limits ?
I'm unemployed for 14 months already.A friend opened her home doors to me as charity.
Please guide me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. I hope this matter gets resolved appropriately for you.
  2. "can a sexual offender, (not a child molester, victim was an elder person) live in the Tamarac City limits ?" Yes. The most recent data (May 2009) I could locate indicated there were 24 such persons residing in Tamarac City, Florida.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I moved last month to Tamarac, then Police told me that I wasn't allow to live in the limits.
So I moved back where I came from.... Then I learned that an offender is a child molester which I am not......
I must vacate this room where I live now and I have no place to go.
You say I can live in Tamarac, well then:
What my next step should be? Who should I talk to ?
Remember, I am uneployed and I can not afford a Lawyer, so what now ?
By the way, thank you kindly for everything you have done so far.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hi there,


Thank you for posting again. It was good to hear from you.


I am unaware of the specific answers to your additional questions. Accordingly, I have opted out (without charge) so my fellow legal expert colleagues can view your post and provide an answer if they are able to do so.


I hope things get resolved appropriately for you in this matter.


Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should I understand you are unable to guide me ?
Ok... Who would you sugest ?
Where can I go ?
Who can I talk to ?
Please forgive, I beg you, but every body answer is..."That's your problem"...

You are a Lawyer...any ideas ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Basically every body ended the same way...
It's "MY" problem, and no one have, not even a suggestion of what to do next.
What the system wants to do with an offender?
Can an offender get back into society?
I already paid in prison..What's next?