How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam a lunch monitor at a high school. I got into an allocation

Customer Question

Iam a lunch monitor at a high school. I got into an allocation with a 15 ear old student. He refused to listen to me. I told him to get behind the plastic rope which is a barrier to slow students down to prevent them from disturbing classes during lunch. My job is to stop them from going down the hallway. This student refused, and kept walking towards the hallway. I got in front of him and told him to get his ass behind the rope He kept bieng defiant I grabbed his sweater and directed im towards the rope. He inally was tired of me yelling and he moved beind the rope. He went home that evening told his parents. parents called the school. I had to fill out a paper dcribing the incident.

What is the recourse
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



i am not sure i understand your statement about "recourse" your employer, as well as school district should have policy about touching a student in anyway. therefore, you need to allow the school process to occur. you can examine the school's policy and ensure they are following it as it pertains to such an incident.