Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Ellen, Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
18 months ago we were sued by the contractor who put an addition
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
18 months ago we were sued by the contractor who put an addition on to our home. The job was never completed by him. The judge ruled in our favor. We filed a counterclaim and the judge ruled in our fa… read more
I was arrested 5 years ago at 18. my case was dismissed an
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
I was arrested 5 years ago at 18. my case was dismissed an it is sealed in New York state. Can I apply for series 7 licenses and legally say I was never arrested on the applications? Also can I Have m… read more
If I was arrested as a juvenile 18 years ago and twice as an
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
If I was arrested as a juvenile 18 years ago and twice as an adult the last being 10 years ago, none of which were felonies and I never spent any time incarcerated, can I have those records expunged? … read more
I was arrested for a felony. But the charges were dismissed.
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I was arrested for a felony. But the charges were dismissed. I am now applying for job is California (where the arrest happened). If a background check is performed on me. Will this show on the record… read more
22 years ago I was arrested for auto theft. I completed a pretrial
P. Simmons, Lawyer
22 years ago I was arrested for auto theft. I completed a pretrial diversion program and the charges were dismissed and I was told that after 20 years the arrest would come off my record. Now I need c… read more
I was arrested nearly one year ago, on two counts of terroristic
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
I was arrested nearly one year ago, on two counts of terroristic threats. The charges were dismissed from the DAs office, without indictment, "lack of evidence of criminal intent". These charges were … read more
I was arrested for assault on a female in North Carolina. The charges were dismissed. Am
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was arrested for assault on a female in North Carolina. The charges were dismissed. Am I eligible for expungement. I have no other arrests.… read more
I was recently arrested for a charge that accured 23 years
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
I was recently arrested for a charge that accured 23 years ago (1986) when I was 18 years old, the charge was procuring for prostitution, I was on a cruise with my wife in florida and was completely d… read more
My daughter was charged with two misdomeners two years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
my daughter was charged with two misdomeners two years ago and charges --charges were dismissed --now i would like to get these expuned (oops)is will be 21 oct 7 2018 ---can you tell me what cost this… read more
Approximately a years ago i was arrested and charged with
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Approximately a years ago i was arrested and charged with Drunk Driving. The District Attorney dismissed the charges and placed it under reckless driving, pending community service and attending a class on drunk driving and because i had no previous criminal history. I am applying for a position withFEMA. On the job application the question reads, "During the last 7 years, have you been convicted, been imprisoned, been on probation, or been on parole? (Includes felonies, firearams, or explosives violations,misdemeanors, and all other offenses.)I feel i should answer NO since i was NOT convicted, but part of me feels i should just write that i was charged with a DUI and charges were dismissed. What is the best way to answer? … read more
I WAS ARRESTED ON A FAILURE TO APPEAR ON A DRUG ...
Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Doctoral Degree
I WAS ARRESTED ON A FAILURE TO APPEAR ON A DRUG CHARGE 18 YEARS AGO. THIS HAPPENED 10 YEARS AGO IN EL PASO. THE WARRANT WAS OUT OF ILLINOIS. THEY HELD ME FOR 2 DAYS UNTIL ILLINOIS TOLD THEM TO RELEASE… read more
5 years ago my husband had a charge dismissed and recieved
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
5 years ago my husband had a charge dismissed and recieved a Pre-trial Diversion. This was in TN. To get this cleared from his record does he now need to file for Expungement? If so, does this require… read more
Friend who is an FBI agent was arrested a few days ago by FBI,
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
Friend who is an FBI agent was arrested a few days ago by FBI, because he was reported to FBI that when he was 25 years old in Lousisiana state he had married a 15 year old girl with her parents conse… read more
My 18 year old son was arrested and charged with a
P. Simmons, Lawyer
My 18 year old son was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor 4060 BP for a prescription bottle of Naproxen(NSAID) his girl friend left in his car, he has no previous arrest record. What penalties ma… read more
i was arrested for pc496, 18 years ago. the recommendation
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
i was arrested for pc496, 18 years ago. the recommendation was reduction to 17pc, termination to sec 1203.3pc and dismissal to sec 1203.4pc. question i tryed to buy a hunting rifle but my background s… read more
I was arrested for domestic battery, during court was put on
Ellen, Lawyer
I was arrested for domestic battery, during court was put on diversion for a year then dismissed..... will this disqualify me from getting a conceal and carry licence?????… read more
I was falsely arrested... All charges were dismissed and
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was 'falsely' arrested... All charges were dismissed and no probable cause was established. So, I now have an arrest record that I would have never gotten if the police hadn't screwed up. Is there a… read more
I have some question about conviction. Last 5 years I
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
I have some question about conviction. Last 5 years I charged brandishing firearm and that case was dismissed but FBI have that case record. Now I want to buy 1 silencer and gun dealer said that they … read more