Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
I wrote a bad check and it got turned over to the hot check
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I wrote a bad check and it got turned over to the hot check divsion. I have been in contact with them and they have given me a extension. Well I am going to need more time...How much time can they giv… read more
I have a court date next month over a 14mph over the posted
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
I have a court date next month over a 14mph over the posted speed limit. Currently looking into the "Discovery" Process. Looking for some advice on what materials needed in order to best set my case u… read more
I cashed a check for 8000.00 for somone and was ...
Moe Manser
Moe Manser, President
I cashed a check for 8000.00 for somone and was unaware they had post dated it for one month later. They told me i could cash it the next day. I new this person and had no reason to not believe them.I… read more
I bounced a post dated over the phone check what penalties
Sam, Attorney
I bounced a post dated over the phone check what penalties will I incurr the transaction was between CT and NY… read more
I was cited for a misdemeanor, shoplifting, first offense,
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney and Counselor at Law
I was cited for a misdemeanor, shoplifting, first offense, and have court date in two weeks. Am 60 and have to take 2 grandkids w/me. Police told me off record not to bother w/atty, probably just fine… read more
If a 17 year old turns 18 with in two weeks is it illegal for
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
If a 17 year old turns 18 with in two weeks is it illegal for anyone over 18 to have sexual relations with them in the state of Virginia?… read more
i wrote a post dated check to pay the remaing balance of an
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
i wrote a post dated check to pay the remaing balance of an invoice. i never recieved the funds to cover the check. I have been informed that an arrest warrent has been issued on me. That was five yea… read more
I wrote 3 post-dated checks to be paid to a business in which
Ely, Counselor at Law
I wrote 3 post-dated checks to be paid to a business in which I bought store fixtures from. The checks were dated for July 2009, August 2009, and Sept. 2009. While this timeline was working out we had… read more
i am getting ready to turn myself in for 6 counts of forgueing
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney at Law
i am getting ready to turn myself in for 6 counts of forgueing and uttering checks over $200 and have no prior felonies what is the manditory minimum and maximum for this charge… read more
My son was in a car that was pulled over. The police told
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My son was in a car that was pulled over. The police told the two of them to pull over. They handcuffed my son while and made him sit on the curb while they questioned the driver and searched the car … read more
I live in oregon, and bought a car, I post dated two checks
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I live in oregon, and bought a car, I post dated two checks for the down payment. i went back too the dealership and gave them half the cash and they gave me one of the checks back It was for $750 but… read more
If someone wrote a bad check and we turned it over to the
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
If someone wrote a bad check and we turned it over to the prosecutor and now they paid it can they still be prosecuted for this … read more
Mark Smith paid 6518.00 worth of traffic fines to a collection
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
XXXXX XXXXX paid 6518.00 worth of traffic fines to a collection agency that had been turned over to them and now the collection agency is telling him they have to record of his paying . What can he do… read more
I have found two misdomeanors from over 14 years ago came up
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Doctoral Degree
I have found two misdomeanors from over 14 years ago came up on a criminal backround check. Is there a way to have them taken off and if so, how.… read more
Hello. I have filed a warrant with the magistrate and have
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Hello. I have filed a warrant with the magistrate and have a court date set in Dec. I have had two cats taken (petit larceny) and taken elsewhere. I have retrieved one cat and the other is still missi… read more
What do I need to do if I had two bad checks (about 60 ...
Michelle
Michelle, Doctoral Degree
What do I need to do if I had two bad checks (about 60 dollars total) and I was sent to court because of them? I am wanting to get a payment plan set up but I do not know who can help me? DA says I ca… read more
Can a pretrial Supervisor Issue a warrant for your arrest
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
I have a court date two weeks from now for the charge I am on pretrial release for and i was wondering if a warrant for my arrest were issued when I got to court for said charge will the warrant add a… read more
I am being blackmailed by someone right now. We got into a
Zoey_ JD
I am being blackmailed by someone right now. We got into a dispute and I posted something on a website about them. It was asking for sex and i posted a pic and their number. They found out about it an… read more