Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
If an employer asks "have you been convicted of a crime in
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
If an employer asks "have you been convicted of a crime in the last 7 years,"does that mean the employer will limit background search to 7years?… read more
If you get arrested and released,never convicted of the crime
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
If you get arrested and released,never convicted of the crime it's been 12 years since,does it go on your recored?… read more
If you were arrested, went to court and you were not convicted
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
If you were arrested, went to court and you were not convicted - how to you get the arrest record to show no conviction? This occured in SC in 1997 (arrest year) I have the case #XXXXX warrent # XXXXX… read more
If you dont get charged at the time of the crime and they decide
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
If you dont get charged at the time of the crime and they decide to charge you 4 months later for the crime..do they the courts or the county that the crimes happened in have to send you a summons or … read more
My son and his business partner were convicted in a federal
Nate, Lawyer
My son and his business partner were convicted in a federal court last year for bank fraud. The crime involved the use of credit cards. His partner received eight years and my son got two years. I now… read more
If you are convicted of a crime and the law, at the time,
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
If you are convicted of a crime and the law, at the time, has a standard punishment for the crime but at a later point the law is changed, can the court revise the sentence. So, for instance, if you a… read more
If you have been charged with a felony crime how long does
CALawyer
CALawyer, Attorney
If you have been charged with a felony crime how long does the court system have to prosecute you for this crime. I have been told the state has only 365 days from the day you are charged to present a… read more
On a job application, when they ask you have you ever been
Sam, Attorney
On a job application, when they ask you have you ever been convicted of a crime? If the case is pending, would you check no?… read more
Can a person who's been convicted of "sex crime", receive a
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
Can a person who's been convicted of "sex crime", receive a pardon from the President who's still in a Federal prison. The inmate was convicted of this crime because he received one photograph to his … read more
Can a parent who has been convicted of a Federal crime and
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Can a parent who has been convicted of a Federal crime and spent time in a Federal prison be a guardian?… read more
How long after the last court date(date of conviction)until
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Private Practice Attorney
How long after the last court date(date of conviction)until you can see the crime in a background check? I was convicted of a misdemeanor in mid July and I didn't see it on two background checks that … read more
when you have already been convicted on a crime and served
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
when you have already been convicted on a crime and served out done your time and the same prosucuters is judging you on the last sentencing they are trialing me again and wanting to railroad me don't… read more
If you have been accused of a crime, and you have a statement
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
If you have been accused of a crime, and you have a statement from a witness who can clear you of the crime, can you tell the prosecuting attorney in order to clear yourself?… read more
if you get convicted of a crime and appeal it the same day
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
if you get convicted of a crime and appeal it the same day does that mean the conviction is overturned then and there or do u have to wait for the appeal date to come up and the judges decision stands… read more
If you have been convicted of a federal felony crime, specifically
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Doctoral Degree
If you have been convicted of a federal felony crime, specifically criminal copyright infringement, will you ever be able to get your rights to own a firearm back? In this specific case I plead guilty… read more
can you be convicted of a crime as theft misdemeanor and still
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
can you be convicted of a crime as theft misdemeanor and still get a deferred prosecution agreement? does a person have to go though a attorney to get a deferred prosecution agreement. what does expun… read more
If someone you know was convicted of a crime and sentenced.
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
If someone you know was convicted of a crime and sentenced. In the order of dispotition the judge requires that he must get a psychiatric evaluation and follow the recommendations. He does not do this… read more
I was wrongfully convicted of a crime in houston county
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Doctoral Degree
I was wrongfully convicted of a crime in houston county georgia. I went to court yesterday with the proof of my innocence. The judge was not interested. The public defender, which got me convicted wil… read more