Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What if any, can a person and or empolyee be charged with if

he/she is caught urinating on...
What if any, can a person and or empolyee be charged with if he/she is caught urinating on floors and walls in the public restrooms?
5/1/2010
Juliana
Juliana, Lawyer

I am a licensed attorney and former prosecutor (4 years). I will be happy to assist you with your question.

This behavior sounds to me like criminal mischief, in violation of Setion 28.03 of the Texas Penal Code. Here is the relevant portion of this statute:

(a) A person commits an offense (of criminal mischief) if, without the effective consent of the owner:

(2) He intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person

(b) An offense under this section is

(1) A Class C misdemeanor if:

(A) The amount of pecuniary loss is less than $50: or

(B) It causes substantial inconvenience to others.

Here is a link to this statute (begins on page 66 of the document):

http://www.texaspolicecentral.com/Penal_Code.pdf

I hope this is helpful.

Juliana

Juliana
Juliana, Lawyer
Juliana
Juliana
Juliana, Lawyer