Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

firday morning i went to go see one of my old friends but

Customer Question
firday morning i went...
firday morning i went to go see one of my old friends but i guess he was not there working
a lady came out and i ask her if he was still working here she got upset and said your not suppose to be here. i got upset and told her to go back to her room and i push her hard and told her forget it and ran out of the building
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/1/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Dave Kennett, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Was this a workplace or a residence?

Have any charges been filed against you?

Who was the lady you pushed?

well i used to work in the building 5 years ago so i thought that he would be there

i went inside the front door was open so i went inside to see if any of them was there

i went to the other side and a women open the door i ask her if he still works here

but i didnt understand what she was saying i ask her again then she got mad and told

me that i am not soppose to be here like a dammmmm person i got upset and told

her to get back in her room and push her back. i dont no who she was and i dont

think she knows me but i left the place and when i drove by there the police was

there.

Dear JACUSTOMER - You need to keep quiet and not talk to the police and stay away from that building. It is possible that the woman didn't know you if you didn't know her so it may be that no one knows who you are and the case will not be pursued. If you are charged with a crime or arrested you should make no statements whatsoever tot he police. Simply say you want to talk to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney the court will appoint one but in no case should you make any statements to the police.

Do not say anything and I mean anything since anything you say will be used against you. Don't admit you used to work there or that you went to see a friend or anything else. Just stay silent and ask for an attorney. You can't do anything about any investigation at this point so stay away from the building and don't talk to anyone else about this.

Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
what about fingerprint plus i was arrest 10 years ago but the caes was dismiss and seal by the courts

As I said, you can't do anything about the evidence they may have but my advice is the same. Don't talk to the cops if they arrest you or charge you. There's nothing you can do about what has already happened. If they have fingerprints then they have them and if they don't they don't. Nothing you do or say is going to change what they already have. Just don't talk to anyone and if there are charges filed ask for a lawyer and keep quiet.

Dave

one more question should i talk to a attorney or hire one now and just sit and wait and see what happens.

Well you certainly can talk to an attorney as I always believe it is advisable in this type of situation. I would assume the attorney would tell you exactly what I did and that if you are charged or arrested to keep quiet and call him or her. You may want to just get a consultation appointment so that you will know who to call if there are charges filed.

Dave

what can they charge me?
You mean the attorney or the police?
police

I would assume it would be a simple assault charge but I can never predict what the cops may do. They always try to come up with as many charges as possible so there could also be trespassing or some other involved.

Dave

ok thank you so much i guess i should get a lawyer and just wait and see what happens

That's about all you can do. Thanks for using our service and remember, do not discuss this with anyone but an attorney. - Dave
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer