Knowitalll
Knowitalll,
18215332

i live in minnesota iwas pulled over tonite for a semaphor

i live in minnesota iwas pulled over tonite for a semaphor violation ihave a restriction on my license for non use of alcohol or my license is invalid. i admitted to the cop i had afew beers over several hrs. she ran the tests and i did well. she wanted a breathalizer but i ended up not having to take it. she thought i would pass i was given a warning for the semaphor violation nothing else what am i looking at? thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Knowitalll replied 7 years ago.

Since no other violation was charged at the time, you'll have to pay whatever fine it is for the semaphore violation and that's it.

Please click on the green ACCEPT button so that I will be compensated for this answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have any follow up question feel free to ask it. No attorney-client relationship is created by this answer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mr law i only received awarning ticket for thesemaphor violation but in reading the statutes this can be considered a gross misdemeanor and delt with as such but shouldnt i have received some type of physical hands on ticket or can they go directly to the da with the info taken and bypass me until they decide charges ...........?

I doubt that even in MINN, a DA gets bored enough to "go after" a RR crossing violation after a warning ticket was given. And BTW, it's probably not a good idea to admit to having even just a "few beers" , when you have that specific restriction on your license.