Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am in court for criminal mistief in the state of indiana…

Customer Question
i am in court for...
i am in court for criminal mistief in the state of indiana marion county. I am illeged to break a windo . I am being charged with a felony because the total cost is said to be over 2500 dollars. I want to know if i am intiteled to estimetes, and also i believe that there is no proof for many of the charges. I am being charged for the window 800 the tinting 600. i agree with these charges but they also want me to pay for carpet cleening 800, bith restoration 450, and for a neon sighn that i did not touch 650. What can i do to protect myself from these charges
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/25/2010
Criminal Lawyer: DCrane Law, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Thank you for the post, your attorney can challenge the allegation that the items damaged are of the alleged value, and that even if all of the items are of the alleged value that you did not damage all of the items alleged.