CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have been accused of assault in California. I dont believe

Customer Question

I have been accused of Sexual assault in California. I dont believe there is any evidence besides her word in the matter of consent. I believe she has said that I deceived her and she was unaware of the intercourse due to my fraud. In other words she said she said no (false) and I said Its okay I wont and she says I did it anyway. Its her word against mine and I dont think I have anything to prove I didnt do what she said other than her texting me and wanting to hang out the next day. When I didnt want to hang out she went to the police. Will the DA bring charges with her story alone? I am 29 clean background and I have been very cooperative with police. what do I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
The police are going to investigate her allegations and based upon her story and credibility, will decide if charges are going to be filed against you. It is going to be your word against hers and the DA has the burden of proof, to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Any evidence she can prove to substantiate her claims, will only help her case. Any evidence you may have, such a text messages, should be kept for your defense.