How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was facing 40 years for affiliation with La Familia

Customer Question

My husband was facing 40 years for affiliation with La Familia he was offered a plea, but he is telling me he could get Federal probation to 10 years.....I did not think there was probation for federal offences
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

Dear landslidebm - Of course there is probation for Federal offenses. Obviously it depends on the offense and where it falls in the sentencing guidelines but there is definitely probation available in Federal criminal cases. I cannot tell you specifically if your husband is correct in his particular case.


Dave Kennett

Related Criminal Law Questions