How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118237
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in extremely severe pain with such sensitivity to touch

Resolved Question:

I am in extremely severe pain with such sensitivity to touch I can hardly stand fabric on my skin...I am supposed to wear an electronic monitor ankle bracelet...I want to comply but I honestly do not feel mentally and physically I can do this. I am female, with circulatory problems especially in the legs. How can I avoid this bracelet and still be in compliance?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You would have to get some medical expert reports and present them to court to get them to consider some type of alternative sentence, but unfortunately the only alternative available may be jail time (even though the court may also consider a halfway house or perhaps just monitored probation), so you need to be prepared for the consequences of that motion to the court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is monitored probation? who qualifies as an expert?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Monitored probation is where you have to report to a probation officer, possibly on a daily basis and they can come to your home any time day or night. An expert would be your treating physician who would have to present medical evidence and testimony of this sensitivity and how you could not tolerate the monitor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is it true that on probation like this one can exit dwelling to attend to survival needs? i am alone. no family.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You can if the court places that in the orders yes, they allow you to go to doctor, shop for groceries and attend church.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you