CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My question continues. Emails were exchanged with the phone

My question continues. Emails were exchanged with the phone number and after the meeting there was a message that said it was nice to meet you for which she responded. Is that evidence good enough for an arrest? Also is there a timeline after which they cannot arrest. As i said it has been over a month and a half.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
They are not likely interested in arresting the customer, just the escort. If a month and a half have gone by, it is not likely they would make an arrest. There is a 1 year statute of limitations in New Jersey for solicitation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1 year statute of limitation means that my friend could be arrested anytime upto a year?
Is it possible to get a local attorney to find out if any investigations are occurring in this case? I dont think he can sleep for a year if thats he case. Thanks for your advise.
Yes, any time within a year, they could arrest him. If the police are investigating, it is not likely that the police are going to tell him or anyone. As I said above, if a month and a half have passed, it is not likely they will go after him.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry to bother. Can they arrest based on email and the cellphone number evidence? Or do they have to be caught red handed?
They could but it would be hard to prove money was exchanged and exactly what happened.