CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I HAVE A WARRANT IN MARYLAND FOR A (PROSITUTION) MISDEMEANOR

I HAVE A WARRANT IN MARYLAND FOR A (PROSITUTION) MISDEMEANOR I DIDN'T RETURN TO COURT FOR SENTENCING. MY LAWYER IS NO GOOD SHE'S WORKING WITH THE COURTS. THE D.A. IS ASKING FOR 90 DAYS. MY QUESTION IS I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND HAVE NO PLAINS ON EVER RETURNING TO MARYLAND. WILL I BE FINE DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING PICK UP FOR MARYLAND.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

If there is an active warrant and you are ever stopped or arrested in California, you could be held in custody, until Maryland decides to come get you or just have you released. There is no statute of limitations on a warrant, so it will always remain until it is lifted and the case is resolved.