How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son was arrested on 7/18/09 on a bench warrant for a probation

Customer Question

my son was arrested on 7/18/09 on a bench warrant for a probation violation. He is still in the perry county prison. He does not know what violation he is in for. He has not had a hearing on this. Also he has been denied medical treatment for dental treatment and for deteriated dics of his back and narroed disc and scrolisis of the spine. what can be done to help him
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
The only thing he can do is get an attorney to go to court and file a motion with the court to secure medical treatment when the prison will not provide required treatment. The attorney will also obtain information on the reason for the probation violation which will allow your son to better prepare to fight the case against him. When someone is in prison and needs medical care, the prison has pretty wide discretion, so when they are not providing proper care or medication, the only avenue available is the court. You can also try the ACLU which fights these battles without charge.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Criminal Law Questions