How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok im sorry to seem like im repeating myself but i just want

Resolved Question:

Ok im sorry to seem like im repeating myself but i just want to make sure that im going to be ok so im going to be a bit more specific. When the police showed up at the hotel and took us it was one of the most scariest moments of my life. I admitted to engaging in sexual activity with her but we never had intercorse, i thought i was going to prison for a long time but thanks to the mercy of God the chief of police and assistant chief of police gave me a second chance but they told me i was not to have any form of contact with her and if i did they would put me in jail. So i took this advice and didnt answer her calls (as hard as it was to hear her crying voice mails) but some time passed and i recieved a call from a private number, it turned out to be her mother asking if i was ok and informing me that she had spoken to the district attorney and asked if it was ok for us to continue a phone relationship (her father also called and gave permission but her mother has full custody) they said it was ok as long as the parents gave consent. so we started talking again. To this day im still not able to feel completly safe until i know for sure i cant get in trouble. I have a notarized letter from her mother saying she gives her permission and it even states she is ok with her living with me when she comes down to texas in a few months, I just want to know if this is ok and if im in any danger? I realize that what we did was very very wrong and i have no intentions of making the same mistakes. I honestly love this girl and would like to start a family when the time is right, with respect sir i ask that you please have an open mind and i wouldnt want to be thought of as a pervert. my feelings for her a very real and if necessary i would wait for her. I honestly appreciate your help and time and i apologize for asking again but i just want to make sure i cannot get into any trouble. thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
You have to understand that criminal sex is not limited to intercourse or vaginal penetration. If you engage in oral sex or even sexual touching you can face criminal charges. When I say no sex I mean you can't seven see her nude or you can be charged. The notarized letter would demonstrate that she is living with you with the parent consent which can be withdrawn later if they wish.

However no good lawyer would tell you there is nothing to worry about because you would be living with a minor who's parent is bi-polar. It's a recipe for problems for you. Even if the charges are not provent do you really want to be arrested and have to go to court just to prove you're not guilty of something.

I understand you are in love and I respect that I really do and if it's the real thing between the two of you then all the better. However, as a lawyer I would never advise a client to open himself up to such a risk of having to defend his actions but the final decision has to be yours to make.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There would be absolutely NO sexual ANYthing. I most definetly learned my lesson on that part. Would you still advise me against living with her?

Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I don't know what you want me to say. I anticipate you want me as a lawyer to tell you there is nothing to worry about but that would be a lie. If you reread all my prior posts to you including the very first one you will see the risks involved.

If you have no sexual contact of anytype what's stopping her mother from calling the police stating that your girlfriend said you did have sex. The police could arrest you and then you would have to prove that it did not happen through statements from your girlfriend. However what if the police believe the girlfriend is lying to protect you, they can attempt to still prosecute you on a weak case but again you have to defend yourself.

Again, no lawyer who has practiced criminal law for as long as I have or even half as long would every turn to their own adult son and say sure go live alone with a minor female. There's an old saying: "If you throw a lite match into a gas can, why are you surprised it exploded". You're proposed living arranged is putting a match to gas.

You have to make the decision but before you do make sure you have reread all my posts. Regardless, have a good day.
Daniel Solutions and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What is the probability that, if her mother called and said we had sex (although we wouldn't have) and they came and arrested me, they would still prosecute me if she said that we didn't have sex.

Related Criminal Law Questions