How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I was arrested on a child endangerment charge without great

Resolved Question:

If I was arrested on a child endangerment charge without great harm how long will it take before the charges are filed in court
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using!


How much time passed between your arrest and your being released from police custody?


Why were you released without first going to court?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was arrested on march 17th and i bonded out the same night without seeing a judge.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was never told why I was able to bond out without seeing a judge first and I havent gotten any information on my case since my arrest
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.
Did you post any money or did they just let you out?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I posted money at 10% which was $ 250.00. I no longer have any rights to the minor child involved in the case and I need to know what happens next because im 5 months preganant and stressed out about the whole case
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.

You should telephone the court to see if they've received any paperwork, yet. If they have, ask them when the court date is.


If they have not received any paperwork yet, that means that the prosecutor (or DA) is still reviewing the matter to decide what, if any, charges will be authorized. The prosecutor does not have a "deadline" to complete this by.


Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
since i terminated my rights to the child how will that affect the case
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.
Technically, that should have no impact on the case.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will i be facing any jail time for the charge and since its my 1st and only offence can i get a reduced sentence of some sort because the state is planning on terminating my rights as far as my other two kids are concerned based on the charges
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if theres not enough evidense will they drop it at all because theres alot of inconsitencies in the statements provided by witnesses
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.
Yes, if the prosecutor does not believe there is enough evidence, then no charges will be filed and your bond should be returned.
xavierjd and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you