Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
If at a sentencing the judge asks you if you read your terms
Nate, Lawyer
If at a sentencing the judge asks you if you read your terms of probation and you say yes and then sign it and then says that the probation period is for three years, but later you realize the paper y… read more
On a case on a child, sentencing is 10 year min. Can a judge
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
On a sexual case on a child, sentencing is 10 year min. Can a judge give probation instead of prison … read more
If I get sentenced to prison can I ask the judge for some time
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
If I get sentenced to prison can I ask the judge for some time to get all my things secure… read more
My boyfriend was sentenced to 5 years in prison probation
P. Simmons, Lawyer
My boyfriend was sentenced to 5 years in prison for a probation violation, it was his first violation. In court they didn't look at his edvidence or anything, it lasted for about 2 minutes even his PO… read more
write a letter to a judge asking to modify a prison sentence
jamest
jamest, High School or GED
wanting to write a letter to the judge asking the judge to modify a prison sentence for a juvenile so that he may continue his education. He was convicted of armed robbery. He drove the car for the on… read more
Someone is sentenced to 5 years in prison, suspended after
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
Someone is sentenced to 5 years in prison, suspended after 1, and 3 years of probation. Is probation served after the 5 years, or after the 1 in prison?… read more
I really need an example letter to the judge asking for a residental
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
I really need an example letter to the judge asking for a residental treatment program instead of time in prison, stating I know what the charges are without admitting guilt. admitting alcohol is a pr… read more
My husband was placed on probation instead of serving a 3 year
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My husband was placed on probation instead of serving a 3 year prison sentence. He was arrested by the probation officer because the family had called the probation officer out of concern for his life… read more
a letter to a judge for leniency. Asking her to sentence my
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
a letter to a judge for leniency. Asking her to sentence my 26 year old son who has violated his probation to receive treatment in the county jail instead of facing 3 to 10 years. He has multiple psyc… read more
i was wondering on how to write asking for leniency on sentencing
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Attorney at Law
i was wondering on how to write asking for leniency on sentencing a letter to a sentencing judge.… read more
My daughter was sentenced to probation for 5 years after a
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
My daughter was sentenced to probation for 5 years after a felony DWI in NY. 4 years into the probation , after completing a 6 month inpatient rehab at the Phoenix house, another intensive outpatient … read more
Sample letter from defendant to the judge asking for rehab
Ray, Lawyer
Sample letter from defendant to the judge asking for rehab instead of prison because he wants help sample letter so I can explain to him over the phone… read more
Say you violate probation and the hearing is set for a certain
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
Say you violate probation and the hearing is set for a certain date, will the judge set a sentencing date or take you directly to jail from there? Also what is the best procedure if any, to deal with … read more
I need a sample letter to write a judge to dismiss a conviction
Nate, Lawyer
I need a sample letter to write a judge to dismiss a conviction i was sentenced to 5 yrs probation back in 2006 the reason i need a dismissal is my conviction is in the state of New York and NY is one… read more
My husband was sentenced to prison and received 4-10, this
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
My husband was sentenced to prison and received 4-10, this was after many arguements and asked the judge for a cobbs agreement. The judge granted the cobbs and the sentence was 4-10. My husband has be… read more
My son was recently released from Florence prison after a 5
Expert, criminal lawyer
My son was recently released from Florence prison after a 5 year sentence. His assigned probation officer is imposing what i consider to be demands motivated by a desire for authority and power.He is … read more
if you get sentenced to 9 months in jail on a misdemeanor probation
Roger, Litigation Attorney
if you get sentenced to 9 months in jail on a misdemeanor probation violation how much actual jail time will you end up doing… read more
My brother was sentenced to 7 years in prison and 10 years
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
My brother was sentenced to 7 years in prison and 10 years probation. Do Judges favor reconsideration on the probation? If so what steps does one need to take?… read more