How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask skelly151 Your Own Question
skelly151, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2368
Experience:  I have handled non felony matters in municipal and mayor courts in Ohio
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
skelly151 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was just informed of a misdemeanor from 12yrs ago , it was

Resolved Question:

i was just informed of a misdemeanor from 12yrs ago , it was a different time and iwas very messed up on different things how bad is this? I'm afamily man that has a steady job. and have not been in any trouble for over 12 yrs.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You can petition the court to get the conviction expunged from your record since it has been so long since you got into trouble. I assume there was no violence involved in the original charge and they likely will grant your motion to expunge the conviction and then seal the record so that no one can bring it up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is that something i can do myself or do i have to have a lawyer
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You would need to pay a lawyer about 800$ to do it but you could try it yourself. It is not that difficult.
skelly151 and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i live 400 miles away, do i have time to take of this or are the police here going to pound the door down any minute, my dad says there is a 25 dollar reward there for me.

Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You have just asked a different question and will have to open a new question.