How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33424
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im on nassau county new york probation. they state you have

Resolved Question:

Im on nassau county new york probation. they state you have to stay in new york or get permission from your po to. But if i go to fire island for a weekend which is in ny can they violate me for dual residence wanted to get a 6 weekend share over summer but dont want to get in trouble.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
This is one of those weird areas of the law. Most probation and parole officers do not consider weekend stays as dual residence. The key is where you spend the majority of your time. Have you asked the probation officer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no did it last year with out telling them. went last weeekend cops were waitng at ferry when i got off was harassed a little and then my family family told me 2 cop cars sat infront of my house from 12midnight to 2 am like waiting for something that night i was there. very odd feel like they may night watch or violate me. have drug conviction.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
Whether or not you have another "residence" is really a judgment call by the Probation officer but it has been my experience that judges lean over backward to agree with them. My suggestion would be to have the lawyer that represented you on the underlying case call and get an ok, or get an ok yourself. My gut feeling is you would be all right but with the facts you've just written it would make me nervous if I were you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you