Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Went to court yesterday for my DUI arraignment. The D.A.

Customer Question
Went to court yesterday for...
Went to court yesterday for my DUI arraignment. The D.A. tried to prosecute me using a driving record that did not belong to me. Is this grounds to have my case thrown out?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/4/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Andrea, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Andrea
Andrea, Lawyer

Good Evening,

If only it were that easy to get cases dismissed, life would be great. Your case will not be thrown out, it was simply a case of picking up the wrong file; the names were the same, but the District attorney obviously did not double check to make sure the other numbers matched up. It was just a case of human error

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you;

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say "Thank You" for the Expert's time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Just a few more questions...

Not only was my name the same as the incorrect document...so was my address and my birthdate. It looks as if my drivers record had been fabricated. I went to the DMV for my drivers record and they pulled no such "prior DUI" information. The ticket written by the arresting officer was so illegible, all of the court documents had my name misspelled. As a result of the horrible handwriting it also left my driver's license number left up to interpretation. Would this not fall under incorrect information writen by the officer? The D.A. tried to give me a sentence of 45 days in jail based upon the driving record they pulled for me saying I had a previouse DWAI which I did not have and tried to convince me that in Feb of 09 I went to court and plead guilty for this; which also never happened.