Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Out on probation for breaking/entering in a drug scandal, my

Customer Question
son was just re-arrested because...
Out on probation for breaking/entering in a drug scandal, my son was just re-arrested because he was carrying a gun. A family friend said not to hire an attorney as it is a waste of money. They say he will get the full prison term now. Is this true?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/2/2010
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to assist...I love it when "friend" give legal advice. In the Marines we called them "sea lawyers"...they were correct about as often as we got off work early (never).

Yes, hire a lawyer. A good one. Regardless of the charge, the state must CONVICT to get a sentence. That costs a LOT of money and time. +95% of all criminal cases plea bargain...and to get the accused to accept the state must offer something reasonable. A good lawyer can assist quite a bit in this process (getting the best "deal").

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
P. Simmons, Lawyer