How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son who is now 25 years of age was charged seven years ago

Customer Question

My son who is now 25 years of age was charged seven years ago for a false ID - He is now getting ready to join the work force - he applied to and was accepted at PNC - Hawthorn. PNC Hawthorn is now rescending their offer of employment because of this past record. Can this be expunged from the records?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Where did the conviction occur?

Was the conviction a misdemeanor or a felony?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


I am pretty sure it was a misdemeanor (Myrtly Beach SC)

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good morning,

Under South Carolina Code of Laws § 22-5-910, a defendant may apply three years after the date of the conviction for an order expunging the records of the arrest and conviction of a first offense conviction in a magistrate's court or a municipal court.

You son will want to retain an attorney local to the count he was convicted in to petition the court for an expungement.

I wish you and your family the best in 2010.

Please don’t forget that I only receive credit for having helped you when you click on the Accept Button located at my Answer.

Best regards,