How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im working on a plea in abeyance and I would greatly apprec

Customer Question

I'm working on a plea in abeyance and I would greatly appreciate help finding out what would be an acceptable "exchange". I was charged with Intoxication (not public), Interference with a Public Servant (added after I pled not guilty to the intox) and also interference with an arresting officer ( added afterwards as well). Another issue is this happened in Utah and I live in Colorado. Any suggestions??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.

The prosecutor wants you to come up with your own conditions for a plea in abeyance? Have you been offered that plea?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I have not been offered a plea. When I went to court I asked if I could do a plea in abeyance and he told me to write him a letter stating how I wanted this case to be resolved. I have no clue what he will accept. I would like all the charges dropped, however, I don't know what I can offer in exchange. Like I said before as well, I live in another state so that makes it a little harder.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.