How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34757
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i have a felony as a juvenile that happened 19 years ago

Resolved Question:

if i have a felony as a juvenile that happened 19 years ago or more will i be able to get my record expunged.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist...can you tell me, was this prosecuted as a juvenile offense or has an adult?

What state did it happen in?

What was the conviction(s) for?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it happened in cincinnati ohio the charge was rape & gross sexual imposition
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.

Here is the state law on this matter

Take a look here as well

You will see that the state can not seal a rape charge.

Your only recourse is to apply for a pardon from the governor.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
even if the charge was prosecuted as a juvenile offense
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will this charge interfere with getting a concealed carry license
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
It will need to disclose it. If it was a juvenile adjudication, it will not count as a "conviction" so that will help, as will the near 20 years (I assume trouble free) that have passed...but it is available for the state licensing agency to review.
P. Simmons and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok thanks