How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a case of check forgery to deal with that happend in

Resolved Question:

I have a case of check forgery to deal with that happend in missouri, while i am stationed (active military) in california. I have to file a police report. can I do this with the police here in california, or will i have to work through missouri?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



if the forgery took place in Missouri, then you need to deal with the police agency in that jurisdiction. each state has it's own problems and are limited to manpower so you will not get any cooperation from CA for a number of reasons, but the first being that where ever the crime occurred that is who has jurisdiction.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

will i be able to at least file a report here, and will my being here on military assignment help in any way with cooperation?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



you can certainly try to file the report and ask them to forward it. however, again police forces have limited manpower so don't be surprised if they tell you to pound sand and contact the MO police. they might do it because you are military. but they are not obligated to do so

Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions