How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34728
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning, On Friday, Feb. 26th my fiance was pulled over

Customer Question

Good morning, On Friday, Feb. 26th my fiance was pulled over for going through a yellow light. He is a felon. He served three years in the state of Idaho for his crime and is now on parole. He has a P.O, however, my fiance was not made aware that he had a warrent for his arrest for outstanding resatutions, He found out about this warrant only a few days before his arrest on Friday. On hearing about this warrant he immediately wrote a letter to his judge and contacted his P.O .. he was arrested on Friday and put in a county jail. Now the interesting part is that his crime as well as his jail time was in the state of Idaho, however, he is now a legal resident of the state of Washington and just moved there about two weeks ago. He has a new P.O for Washington. Would he be brought back to the state of Idaho to meet before his original judge who sentenced him, or will they keep him in Washington? and if the warrant was for outstanding resatutions can he be released and pay on those dues?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
If he has the money to pay restitution, he can arrange with his WA PO to pay off the debt and clear this issue.

If he does not have have the money to pay off restitution, they will send him back to ID to resolve this.

If a person does not fulfil the conditions of their release the court that gave the sentence can put them back in if this happened in ID, the ID court will retain jurisdiction.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.