How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117437
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend violated PA parole, but we live in NY. He served

Customer Question

My boyfriend violated PA parole, but we live in NY. He served his time for the new charge in NY and a warrant came to him from PA saying he must return to face PA parole for the violating it by getting a new charge. He was paroled for 3 years, and completed 1 1/2 years before getting his new charge and the other 1 1/2 before going to jail for the new charge. How much time do you think he will get for his violation or can he asked to get banned from PA instead. His 1stcase was for possesion of drugs and I believe it was a felony for which he did less than 2 years and his second case(the violation), was for possesion of a gun, for which he is doing 1 year for and just got parole eligibility.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
He cannot ask to be banned from the state it doesn't work like that on the parole violations. A parole violation is completely separate from the charge that got him the violation. When they revoke his parole he it would go back to the date of his violation and they can make him do whatever time he had remaining on his sentence for the violation.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”