How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102192
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

does the united states have access to records in countries

This answer was rated:

does the united states have access to records in countries outside the u.s. if so when are they checked?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

It depends. US does share their criminal records with Interpol for international criminals and does share intelligence with other countries. Is this for immigration?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no its not for immigration I'm only a u.s. citizen but Ive lived in israel for most of my life Im wondering If they have access to criminal record there or medical records and when or why would they check them and im 18
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
oh this is for joining the military here
Achi, lama ata roztze nimzta ba hagana americait im yeshlanu zahal?Ani daber ivrit kzat, ve be'met, ani baaretz axshav. (ken, ken, be'met ani orech din americai). Ze ironi - ani choshev she ani rotze nimtza ba-miluim po. The US military will do a background check on internationals who want to join a branch in the US, including FBI, CIA, DIA, and Interpol. If you have a criminal record in Israel, yes, they will know about it. Israel shares its database very closely with the US.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Edited by Eli on 3/2/2010 at 7:46 AM EST
Ely and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

?? ??? ?? ?????? ??????? ???? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??????? ???? ?? ??? ?? ????? ??

like i dont know anyone and i was accused but i was not charged in the end because they deported me before the trail and i basiclly did nothing but i was only 16 so i was afraid so i just admetted to something i didnt do is that still on my israeli record plus it doesnt matter i have to take my chances no other choice but thank u oh it wasnt just me it was me and 2 others and im a female they are males they did it but what can i do now

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

oh i said beglal she ain le ezrakut yesraelet beglal ma shekara yesh li rak amerikaee didnt know it cant read hebrew


I'll answer your question in 12 hrs ok?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


So WHAT is on your Israeli record, what type of charge? And is it a charge or a conviction?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
charge wasn't convicted but never mind my mother is still in Israel she said they dropped the charges because lack of evidence and it was assault but i was never convicted because i was deported before plus they never took my finger prints so i should b OK right and thank you
And this is for joining the US military? What branch? Or Zahal?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the marine corps and i should b ok right? and if i could i would go to zahal but ain ma laasot
Rae et ze: hoshev she ha-kol yehye b'seder.

Edited by Eli on 3/5/2010 at 2:17 AM EST
Ely and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
toda raba harba haslaka bakayim
ein baya. b'hatzlacha.